A Conversation with Methuselah
UPDATE 20-Nov-11: I’ll keep reposting this whenever there’s a new response from Methuselah.
Within a regeneration pod in the Eden Prairie Vault Complex, a shrunken and wizened form clings to life. More than a century old, the life of this man (nicknamed ‘Methuselah’) has been sustained for decades only by high-tech medical assistance. His metabolism is reduced to a crawl, but he can still communicate – s l o w l y – with others. The Central Computer of Eden Prairie must process and translate for Methuselah, but it is possible for the PCs to converse – if given enough time.
In the last Play-by-Skype session, the party spent several days jury-rigging a damaged regeneration tank. During this time, the following conversation took place:
- Methuselah: “Who are you?”
- PCs: (PCs introduce themselves and provide a description. The Eden Prairie Central Computer summarizes.) “Friends from the surface world.”
- Methuselah: “Where are you from?”
- PCs: “Another Habicorp vault named Tau.”
- Methuselah: “There are survivors on the surface?”
- PCs: “Yes.”
I’d like to run further discussions with the Methuselah as a Play-by-Comment session, one sentence per day.
Please view the comments for the ongoing conversation…